April 25, 2016

I Still Have a Pulse



I resurrected Entirely Ashley from the dead. I missed writing and sharing. I floundered with my blog because I thought I had to blog a particular way, but in the end I realized I just wanted to do this for me. I want a place where I can rant about a crappy experience or rave about a great book I just finished. I don't care about sponsors or page views or whatever. I'm blogging for me and if someone else wants to read what I'm writing about, great! If not, that's fine too.

Life has been ever-changing lately. The biggest change is that S (my boyfriend, who I'm just going to call S for sake of his own privacy) and I are moving to Charleston this June! He matched into his residency program and last weekend we went up to house hunt. It was stressful because we basically had three days to find a new home. We were going into it with a decent list of must-have items, too, like a dishwasher, washer/dryer, large-ish kitchen and dining room, three bedrooms, outdoor space, short commute for S, and pet-friendly. We saw 14 homes that weekend and the very first place we visited ended up being the one. It's a townhouse in a super nice neighborhood and it checked off every single item on our list. I'm really excited to pack up and move out of my teeny tiny duplex.

While I'm excited about our new home, I'm sad about leaving Orlando behind. I grew up here and while I've come and gone over the years, Orlando is my home and where all of my family and friends live. I'm heartbroken about leaving them behind. I'm doing my best to spend quality time with everyone before we move in a month, but it doesn't feel like enough. Luckily we have a big guest room for everyone who comes to visit us. Charleston is a beautiful city and I can't wait to learn all the best places so I can share them with our guests.

It feels like we have a never-ending list of things to do before we move. It's quite overwhelming and I can get pretty anxious about it if I don't keep my mind occupied. S was able to schedule movers to come out and evaluate our belongings to see how much our move would cost. The few quotes we have received have made me gulp pretty hard. We're basically getting rid of half of our things to keep the cost down. It sucks, but we'll be able to buy new things when we get there.

That's where life is at right now. Stressful. Exciting. Overwhelming. All the feels.

No comments :

Post a Comment