July 29, 2016

Weekly Links // 5



VIDEOS
Retirees Recreate "Shake It Off." This is perfect. I feel like Taylor Swift would be into it, too.

Star Trek Discovery. As a Trekkie, I’m excited for Star Trek to come back to the small screen. It premieres January 2017.

We’re the Superhumans. This trailer for the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games is astounding!

LINKS
The Last Surviving Tribes on Earth. Photographer Jimmy Nelson spent the past three years exploring the most remote places on Earth to capture mind-blowing photographs of the last surviving tribes on Earth.

The Skimm. I keep meaning to share my favorite newsletter! It’s a service that skims the news for you, pulls out all the important stuff you need to know, and compiles it into an email that's delivered every morning.

15 Surprising Things About Parenting in Jordan. I’m not a mom and, but I love this parenting series from A Cup of Jo. A new set of moms writes about their experiences living and parenting abroad each summer and it’s fascinating! I love reading about all the different cultures.

How God Created Animals. This was pretty funny. “[god inventing horses] make a sexy donkey.” Hah!

California Mid-Century Modern Home. That living room makes me drool with its huge windows and gorgeous fireplace. I’m not a fan of the salmon walls in the dining room or the kitchen cabinets, but I love me some old kitchen appliances.

The Met Museum’s Swimsuit Closet. I love vintage fashion and these swimsuits are really interesting! It’s pretty great that museums are preserving these types of items, too. I’d totally wear the tartan number suit. That skirt is amazing.

Awesome Mom Gives Son the Princess Party He Wants. The world needs more people like Stephanie. Her son likes the Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, and The Little Mermaid. He wanted an Ariel party for his 5th birthday and that’s what she gave him. His happy face is the best!

I’m gonna get political for a second…Joanna from A Cup of Jo wrote a short, eloquent post about loving Michelle Obama and voting for Hillary in November. I also read this NYT article about Mrs. Obama’s blue dress, designed by Christian Siriano and thought it was quite smart. Lastly, this Hillary Clinton parody (language warning) had me rolling, but damn if it isn’t true. She’s been preparing for this role for decades and I think she’ll make a great president.

No comments :

Post a Comment