August 03, 2016

Small Goals // August


I hate to sound cliche, but July flew by for me. June was a much slower month, but July came and went in the blink of an eye. Let’s see how I did with my July small goals.

1. Attend a social gathering. Done! I went to a YA book club gathering and had a great time. It was Harry Potter themed for HP month and there was a book exchange.

2. Create a cleaning schedule (and stick to it). Nope. Still doing chores willy-nilly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. Develop a new budget. Done! I feel much more organized and secure knowing what I’ve got coming and going money-wise. S and I even set up our first joint account for bill-paying and things we do together.

4. Organize the blog. Also done! I now have a navigation bar with new pages (my life list and books I've read this year, along with a new about me), a new header, and an updated sidebar. I stuck with purple as my accent color. Black and purple are my favorite colors, so the blog is very "me" now.

5. Start putting together the guest bedroom/bathroom. Sorta done, but I only wanted to get started, so...done! I started on this for my parents when they came to visit mid-July. I put a basket of supplies in the bathroom, have designated guest towels/linens, and made a list of things I’d like to add/do to the guest space in the coming months.

4/5 ain’t so bad for my first small goals month! Onto August’s goals…

1. Put together a small home office. I need a desk and a place to store some of my things. My office supplies are still sitting in boxes and my (ancient) iMac is sitting on the floor.

2. Go for a bike ride with S. He ordered a bike so we could ride together and mine just needs air in the tires. I’d like to go to a trail and have a nice ride together.

3. Participate in a blog swap/exchange. I’d like to get to know other bloggers and this seems like a fun way to do that. :)

4. Hang up some framed art and mirrors. I still have artwork leaning against the wall in the living room and some decor sitting in boxes. It's time to put some of it up.

5. Unfortunately, my biggest goal is not something I feel comfortable posting publicly just yet. I’m going to keep it under wraps for now and just publish four of my goals. (Sorry for the vagueness.)

I really enjoyed having my small goals in the back of my mind for July as a driving force to get particular things done throughout the month. I'm linking up with Nicole at Writes Like a Girl - go check out her monthly goals!

3 comments :

  1. In the past, I have simply left out goals that I'm not comfortable with sharing (like, not acknowledging them in any way on my blog, which makes it feel a little like they don't exist). I like your way of going about it, though, and I can certainly relate to the struggle of wanting to keep certain goals private. Great job with your July goals! A YA book club gathering sounds awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured writing them down would make me feel more accountable for trying to keep up with it, even if I don't want to disclose it. :) Vague goal is vague. lol.

      YA book club was loads of fun! I love hanging out with ladies my age who also love reading YA.

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to get in on a blog swap as well. It sounds like a fun way to connect with other bloggers.

    Here's my list of goals, if you'd like to check them out: http://newberyandbeyond.com/july-wrap-august-small-goals/

    ReplyDelete