Read and Reading
- Sold by Patricia McCormick (4/5 stars)
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (3/5 stars)
- The Secret Sky by Atia Abawi (4/5 stars)
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner (5/5 stars)
- Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz (currently reading)
- Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella (currently reading)
What I Watched
- Netflix Chopped Collection - I watched Chopped while blogging and on days where my anxiety was running high. Cooking shows seem to be oddly calming for me.
- Criminal Minds, Season 7 - I'm a fan of crime shows and Criminal Minds is a good one. Plus I have a mega crush on Dr. Reed.
- Stranger Things - I'm such a wuss about scary shows, so I had to watch this in the daytime, but it was really good. S loved it, too! We both liked the 1980s vibes.
- Star Trek Beyond - I loved this movie! I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time. So much action.
Things I Did
- I made the heartbreaking decision to say goodbye to Oz, my cat of 9 years, after he developed another life-threatening problem. It was one of the worst weekends of my life and I miss him every day.
- My parents came to visit S and I and we did lots of fun things. We went to the USS Yorktown with S on his day off. I've never been on such a huge ship before - it was like a maze. I managed the first floor below deck, but once we started going deeper my claustrophobia took over and I had to climb back up. I also took my parents to explore downtown Charleston. Waterfront Park has a huge fountain and the well-known pineapple fountain. There's even a short pier with swinging benches! It was fun to sit in the shade and watch boats come in.
- S and I had a fun nerdy date night. We went to Boxcar Betty's for dinner and saw Star Trek Beyond.
- I joined a YA book club and went to my first meeting. It was HP themed and there was a book exchange. I came home with Ink & Bone, a book I've been wanting to read!
- S and I did some downtown Charleston sightseeing and visited Marion Square and The Charleston Museum. Marion Square is pretty and has a big farmers market on Saturdays. The museum was way more than I was expecting - there was so much to see and we had a great time.
- Being the Harry Potter fan I am, you know I bought Cursed Child on release day. I didn't go to any midnight parties though because I'm old. Haha.
- Left: My mom and I at the pineapple fountain in Waterfront Park. I miss my family a lot. :(
- Right: I took this self portrait after doing my makeup for a date night with S. I've been struggling with depression and anxiety and have not been feeling like myself. Sitting down to do makeup beyond my usual routine made me feel normal for a little while.
What I Blogged (Favorite July Posts)
- The Most Important Things I've Learned in 30 Years
- Recently Read // 1
- Introverted Extrovert
- I'll Love You Forever
Click the button to visit Leigh's blog and see her What I'm Into post!