August 01, 2016

What I'm Into // July 2016

I found a fun end-of-the month post link-up that reminds me of the 'currently' posts I was doing, but in a format I like better.

Read and Reading


  • Sold by Patricia McCormick (4/5 stars)
  • The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (3/5 stars)
  • The Secret Sky by Atia Abawi (4/5 stars)
  • The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner (5/5 stars)
  • Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz (currently reading)
  • Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella (currently reading)
You can also see what I've read each month here.

What I Watched 
  • Netflix Chopped Collection - I watched Chopped while blogging and on days where my anxiety was running high. Cooking shows seem to be oddly calming for me.
  • Criminal Minds, Season 7 - I'm a fan of crime shows and Criminal Minds is a good one. Plus I have a mega crush on Dr. Reed. 
  • Stranger Things - I'm such a wuss about scary shows, so I had to watch this in the daytime, but it was really good. S loved it, too! We both liked the 1980s vibes. 
  • Star Trek Beyond - I loved this movie! I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time. So much action. 

Things I Did 
  • I made the heartbreaking decision to say goodbye to Oz, my cat of 9 years, after he developed another life-threatening problem. It was one of the worst weekends of my life and I miss him every day. 
  • My parents came to visit S and I and we did lots of fun things. We went to the USS Yorktown with S on his day off. I've never been on such a huge ship before - it was like a maze. I managed the first floor below deck, but once we started going deeper my claustrophobia took over and I had to climb back up. I also took my parents to explore downtown Charleston. Waterfront Park has a huge fountain and the well-known pineapple fountain. There's even a short pier with swinging benches! It was fun to sit in the shade and watch boats come in.
  • S and I had a fun nerdy date night. We went to Boxcar Betty's for dinner and saw Star Trek Beyond.
  • I joined a YA book club and went to my first meeting. It was HP themed and there was a book exchange. I came home with Ink & Bone, a book I've been wanting to read! 
  • S and I did some downtown Charleston sightseeing and visited Marion Square and The Charleston Museum. Marion Square is pretty and has a big farmers market on Saturdays. The museum was way more than I was expecting - there was so much to see and we had a great time.
  • Being the Harry Potter fan I am, you know I bought Cursed Child on release day. I didn't go to any midnight parties though because I'm old. Haha. 

Favorite Instagrams 


  • Left: My mom and I at the pineapple fountain in Waterfront Park. I miss my family a lot. :(
  • Right: I took this self portrait after doing my makeup for a date night with S. I've been struggling with depression and anxiety and have not been feeling like myself. Sitting down to do makeup beyond my usual routine made me feel normal for a little while. 

What I Blogged (Favorite July Posts)


Click the button to visit Leigh's blog and see her What I'm Into post!

6 comments :

  1. Have you read The Cursed Child yet?? I haven't even bought it (shameful for an HP fan, I know hehe), but I'm eager to hear what others think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got it sitting on my night table, but I haven't cracked it open yet. I'm a little nervous about reading it though! What if it isn't something I love?? It's HP though, so I'm sure I'll be enthralled with it.

      Delete
  2. I read Finding Audrey last month and was surprised by how much I liked it! So sorry you had to say goodbye to your kitty, it's always so hard to lose a pet. ;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised because I DON'T like Finding Audrey. I generally like Sophie Kinsella, but this book is kinda boring me. It might go into my 'did not finish' pile, which is pretty small because I don't generally give up on books.

      And thank you - it was awful and I still miss him every day. :(

      Delete
  3. Wasn't The Serpent King so good??? I can't wait to read Zentner's next book. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Losing pets is so hard.

    I hope you'll enjoy Ink and Bone! I loved it, which reminds me I still need to read book 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I cannot wait to read more from Zentner. He's a wonderful author, though he came out with a bang though so he's got lots of expectation to live up to now.

      Losing Oz has been extremely hard. I miss his sweet little face every single day. :(

      Delete