September 08, 2016

Small Goals // September



August was pretty much a crapshoot in terms of doing anything productive. It was a rough month for me. I talked about that and what it meant for me briefly in my What I'm Into post for August. My small goals fell to the wayside, needless to say. Here's what my goals for August were:

1. Put together a small home office. Nope. All my stuff is still sitting in boxes on the office floor.

2. Go for a bike ride with S. Nope. S got a bike, but I felt like being active zero percent of the month.

3. Participate in a blog swap/exchange. I actually did this! I participated in a swap with the International Geek Girls Pen Pal Club (IGGPPC) based around the theme 'summer camp.' I'm also in the middle of the books 'n' bloggers swap with Chaotic Goddess swaps.

4. Hang up some framed art and mirrors. Yet another nope. This ended up not being a priority for me this month.

5. Unfortunately, my biggest goal is not something I feel comfortable posting publicly just yet. I actually made headway on this and will talk about it more below.

2/5 is a big womp womp, but I'm not beating myself up about it. I'm centering September's goals around my wellness:

1. Work on my depression recovery benchmarks. My first few include becoming aware of my inner critic and catching myself when I have negative/bad thoughts about myself, letting myself feel my emotions instead of pushing them aside, and being honest with how I'm feeling.

2. Practice self care. I'm pretty awful at this lately. I need to stop thinking about this as a waste of time and stop feeling guilty about doing something for myself. I want to take more baths, wear more makeup, buy some new clothes...maybe even get a massage, mani/pedi, or visit a spa. These things always make me feel good about myself and confidence is something I need right now.

3. Visit some doctors. I need to go to the dentist, optometrist, and the endocrinologist. I've been putting the visits off and need to get myself some check-ups.

4. Continue rediscovering things that make me happy. I've started doing this, but I want to keep going. I want to keep reading, blogging, thrifting, and using my bullet journal. Maybe I'll even find a few more new things I'm into.

5. Look for a new job. This was my secret goal last month, but it doesn't need to be a secret anymore. I won't disclose where I work now, but unfortunately I'm not happy there. Luckily it's a good company and I was able to have a discussion with my manager about it. They want their employees to be happy, so I'm allowed to stay while I look for a new job. Last month I applied to two jobs and this month I want to apply for more.

These might seem like super basic goals, but that's where I'm at right now: back to basics. I know I can do these things and am determined to have a 5/5 report for October. :)

I'm linking up with Nicole at Writes Like a Girl.

No comments :

Post a Comment